Volunteering is one of the best ways to make a difference in your community! The Lisburn Downtown Centre gives people the opportunity to support those feeling alone and isolated within our local community. Our volunteers contribute unique skills, experiences and personalities helping to make Downtown that home from home for so many of our members. Moreover, their role helps our volunteers to feel more socially connected, thus warding off loneliness and depression. Volunteering benefits both our members and volunteers alike.
Lisburn Downtown offers vital support to those feeling isolated and alone within our community. Our amazing team of volunteers lend a listening ear, encourage our members and partake in a wide range of activities to include pool, arts, music, games and more!
Our coordinator can not manage alone and needs the help of kind volunteers, giving up their time to ensure our centre can continue to provide these vital services.
If you have a couple of hours on Tuesday or Thursday afternoon (2.00pm-4.00pm)/ Monday or Friday mornings (10.30am-12.30pm) we would love to hear from you! It can be monthly, weekly, just whatever you have to offer.
- Befriending our members, lending a listening ear and encouragement.
- Hospitality; making tea/coffee and offering biscuits to members.
- Assisting facilitators and ensuring they feel welcomed into the centre.
- Nothing required; essential to be a caring and responsible person.
- Training will be offered in conjunction with your role.
- There are massive benefits to being a volunteer! Becoming part of our centre and giving back in your community can be huge for your own personal mental health. The centre is fun and relaxed with no pressures placed on members or volunteers.
Download our short Volunteer Form here, which can either be posted to
Lisburn Downtown Centre
49 Market Square South
or emailed to email@example.com